Pay Attention To These After Tooth Extraction
Tooth extraction is the process of extracting the tooth from its socket in the bone. Simple tooth extraction is done under local anesthesia. Extraction treatment should definitely be applied in case of severe caries, broken tooth structures, teeth that cannot be saved after root canal treatment, baby teeth that do not fall out even if they should fall, impacted teeth, teeth that have caused cysts or tumor formation.
Teeth may need to be extracted in orthodontics or aesthetic treatments. So, what should be done after tooth extraction? Is the pain after tooth extraction normal? How should it be fed? You can find answers to your questions in our article.
Things To Be Considered After Tooth Extraction
After tooth extraction, it is recommended to avoid hot, cold and rough foods that may cause irritation in the area where the tooth was extracted. In case of pain during surgical extractions, it will be necessary to use painkillers for a few days. After tooth extraction:
- Medicines given by the doctor are used regularly.
- After the extraction, pressure should be applied to the area with gauze patch for at least 30 minutes to ensure blood coagulation.
- In case of bleeding, spitting should not be done, blood should be swallowed.
- To prevent swelling after tooth extraction, ice compress should be applied to the operation area over the face.
- Food should not be eaten until the numbness in the teeth has passed.
- Do not take a hot bath for the first 24 hours.
- The first few days after extraction, should be fed with soft foods.
- Gargling with warm salt water will also help keep the area clean.
- The blood clot formed on the wound should not be distorted within the healing process after tooth extraction.
- Cigarettes and alcohol should not be consumed before complete healing after tooth extraction.
Normal oral care applications can be continued 24 hours after tooth extraction. If tooth extraction is difficult compared to normal, ice can be applied. After tooth extraction, the recommendations of the dentist must be followed strictly.
When Does Healing Occur After Tooth Extraction?
The healing time after tooth extraction may be different for each patient. Although the pain after extraction disappears in 1 - 2 days, it may take 1 - 2 weeks for the area to be completely healed. Because after tooth extraction, a hole remains in the jawbone. In order for this area, which gradually fills and becomes smooth over time, the person should follow the above recommendations and avoid activities that will disturb the extraction area.
The gingival healing time can take 3 to 4 weeks, while the bone healing can take 6 to 8 months. You can get better information from your dentist about what to do in the healing process after tooth extraction and what to pay attention after treatment.
Bu yazıya benzer içerik bulunamadı.