Factors Causing Temporomandibular Joint Diseases
The jaw joint, which is the Turkish equivalent and abbreviation of the words Temporomandibular Joint, is the facial part that connects the lower jaw to the skull. Problems in the bone structures and soft tissues in the temporomandibular joint are among the temporomandibular joint diseases. Temporomandibular joint problems that occur with chronic trauma, mostly due to jaw and tooth disorders, can be affected by different diseases.
Symptoms of the temporomandibular joint problem become visible over time with the damage it causes to the muscle and cartilage system. It should also be treated as it reduces the quality of life of the person.
Causes of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
Before the symptoms of jaw diseases, let's talk about the causes of the disorders that occur in the temporomandibular joint. Among the causes of temporomandibular joint disease:
- Improper dental veneers and fillings
- Stayed open mouth for a long time
- Lip eating habit
- Putting the hand on the chin
- Lying face down
- Chewing gum for a long time
- Gritting teeth constantly and grinding teeth at night (bruxism)
- Dental diseases and unilateral chewing
- Having exposured to wind for a long time (especially for motorbike users)
- Stress and sadness are included.
At the same time, jaw fractures and head, neck and jaw traumas and congenital problems are the main reasons for temporomandibular joint discomfort.
Symptoms of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
So how do the symptoms of jaw diseases occur? What should be done when symptoms of a temporomandibular joint problem are seen? If you have severe headaches similar to migraine, ringing in the ears, creaking when opening and closing your mouth, clicking, clicking sound, you should immediately contact your doctor. Also:
- Restricted jaw opening, trismus or dislocation
- Pain when closing the teeth
- Jaw fatigue when chewing
- Pain or stiffness in the neck
- Dizziness, fainting
- Pain when chewing
- Facial pain
- Difficulty and pain when yawning or chewing gum
- If there are cases such as facial asymmetry, you should see an oral, dental and maxillofacial surgeon immediately.
Advantages Of Treatment Of Temporomandibular Joint Treatment
When temporomandibular joint symptoms are seen, the treatment of the patient is completed more successfully with early intervention. Pressure in the person's temporomandibular joint is regulated and normal jaw functions are provided. At the same time, excessive pressure on the temporomandibular joint are eliminated.
With the treatment provided with a healthy jaw structure, serious diseases such as jaw protrusion and jaw shift are prevented. Therefore, it is important that the patient does not ignore the symptoms. For a quality life, attention should be paid to oral, tooth and jaw health.
Bu yazıya benzer içerik bulunamadı.